Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Input needed regarding Jazzhoops on facebook.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Input needed regarding Jazzhoops on facebook.

There is a facebook public group that we used to locate each other when the board was down a few years ago. Suddenly we are getting requests to join. I let in a few. So far, no issues but I have no idea who they are. Should we stop allowing new people if none of us know them? The group is pretty dead except when this board goes down.

I was unaware there was even such a group. But my experience with Jazz fans and Facebook is that its a lot like a terrorist with an atom bomb. No good can come out of it.
    Kangaroo Kill count: 1

Comment

The board went down for a long time. I think I set up the group so we could find out what was going on. The posts are very sporadic. Maybe 2 a year. I'll go ahead and lock it down to who is already there. The two I admitted were clearly Jazz fans but a third one was iffy. Thanks Red.

Comment

Let me know which one it is so that I can join before you lock it down

Comment

Search for: Jazzhoops.

Comment

Is there a reason we don't want to grow the community at all? Seems really dead most of the time except for the insider rumors.

Comment

Ok, I just applied for membership. Odd I never knew anything about this.

Comment

Originally posted by f1do View Post
                Is there a reason we don't want to grow the community at all? Seems really dead most of the time except for the insider rumors.
                I think we would be better off just using this board, to my knowledge, it's still open for people to join. The facebook one was just away to communicate while the board was down for two weeks several years ago. I say let members join, but keep it private in case we need it again. Try directing the new members there to this board?

Comment

Haven't been active on facebook for almost a year. It's a distraction.

Visit rarely, in case I am looking for someone or some specific news.

Comment

Directing them to this board is a great idea. Is there a direct link I can post that will take them to the sign up page?

Comment

https://jazzhoops.com/forum/register

Comment

Working...
                      X