Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would escrow affect player salaries?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would escrow affect player salaries?

https://twitter.com/ChefCBo/status/1322298460918349824
    Player 2020-21 Salary 10% Escrow 40% Escrow New Salary
    Stephan Curry $43,000,000 $4,300,000 $17,200,000 $25,800,000
    Spencer Dinwiddie $11,400,000 $1,100,000 $4,600,000 $6,800,000
    Carson Edwards $1,500,000 $150,000 $600,000 $900,000
    I wonder how the players are going to be able to deal with this. I know some (like LeBron) don't want to start back up until January--but can you imagine having to give back 40% of your salary for next year?

I'm very interested in how this plays out. How are the lower salaried players going to feel about this?

I think you enjoy the game more if you don't know the rules. Anyway you're on the same wavelength as the referees. ~Jonathan Davies, 1995

Comment

This is why I think the players cave and the season starts around Christmas. No way can players or teams afford to lose this much money.
      Kangaroo Kill count: 1

Comment

More from RealGM today:

According to reporting from ESPN, the NBA and NBPA continue to discuss a salary escrow figure in the range of 18 percent for the next two seasons.

While the NBA and NBPA will likely agree to the December 22nd start date, the escrow figure is still being actively negotiated.

The total player escrow projects from $720 million to $800 million if the league moves forward at the rate of 18 percent.

For example, Stephen Curry's $43 millions salary would be reduced by $7.4 million to $35.3 million.

Also:

If the NBA and NBPA decides to move forward with its December 22nd start and a 72-game regular season, there will be a 25 percent reduction in travel and 14 back-to-back games per team.

The regular season will end around May 16th, followed by a play-in tournament involving the Nos. 7-10 seeds in each conference with the playoffs then beginning on May 22nd.

The Finals would conclude around July 22nd.

Comment

https://www.nba.com/news/nbpa-reps-a...ason-on-dec-22
          Players reps approve the Dec 22 start date. This means the draft will happen Nov 18 and then free agency will happen roughly from then to the start of training camp on Dec 1. They still need to work out the details of the salary escrow details and deadlines for players to pick up options.

Comment

Just 10 more days to the draft, although I must admit I'm not too excited about it. I'm much more curious about free agency. Rumors are that teams are going to be very active.

What "athletic, defensive minded, won't compromise spacing" wing could the Jazz go after?

I think you enjoy the game more if you don't know the rules. Anyway you're on the same wavelength as the referees. ~Jonathan Davies, 1995

Comment

Working...
            X