Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A couple of things I picked up today.

Tucker has interest from the Bucks.

There is a growing possibility that the NBA could waiver tax payments for teams over the cap by a certain amount. The decline in BRI caught teams off guard pretty significantly. If there is traction to this, the Jazz may stay above the tax and even use their BAE
    Kangaroo Kill count: 1

Comment

I like Tucker, want the Jazz to find him some minutes. He has a good skill set for today's NBA, just needs minutes to fit in better.
      “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.”

Comment

I really like what the Jazz have done this off season, with the exception I want to see them sign a stretch four. I would look for a young guy that has potential to improve but isn't quite there yet. Has to be someone who fits the bill.

Like many, I was surprised, but not too surprised at drafting Doka. I had my eye on him just from the little I've been watching the draft. Good value for the 27th pick.

I don't buy into the "new" NBA, basketball is basketball. There are ways to negate small ball, use a big lineup to your advantage. Jazz now have the shooters to open things up in the middle for Favors, where they didn't before. With Donovan, Bogie, Conley, Ingles, and the other 3 point shooters on the team, I can see a little more Favors and Gobert together than most people think. The Jazz have reset themselves defensively, and should be very good at defense this year. I'm excited about the season.

Sorry I haven't been here much, I've looked in a few times but I've been very busy. Lots of change in my life. Got married(gulp)(best thing I've ever done), moved three times, bought a home in Grantsville(love it!). Here to stay. Our puppy loves it after living in apartments, she has new friends with the horses behind our house and loves the backyard. It's her kingdom. Carolyn and I love the area. Friendliest people ever, love our neighbors.

I'll try and be here a little more. Should be a very good year for the Jazz.

“Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.”

Comment

Congratulations JOT!

Comment

Good to see you jotty! Congrats!

Comment

Congratulations JOT. So happy for you!

I think you enjoy the game more if you don't know the rules. Anyway you're on the same wavelength as the referees. ~Jonathan Davies, 1995

Comment

Yes, congrats!

Comment

Congratulations JOT!
                  Rudy Gobert: "Frankly, I like it there and I like the project."

Comment

Anything on the Rudy front ?
                    "I like being a mystery, They haven't seen me to pick apart my game -- and they also haven't seen how much better I've gotten in the past year." Dante Exum

Comment

I've only heard that the Jazz and Rudy's agent are in negotiations.

I think you enjoy the game more if you don't know the rules. Anyway you're on the same wavelength as the referees. ~Jonathan Davies, 1995

Comment

Sounds like Rudy capitulated on some of his demands. He wanted more, but went down to what the Jazz were offering. Jazz did go up about 5 million for him. Jazz were offering $200 he wanted 230. He got $205.

The Jazz and Rudy were close for a while. Rudy wanted this to be over and he did get his payday.

Jazz will now turn their attention to Mike Conley. Jazz know that they will not be players next off-season, so they may look to lock up Conley.

If the Jazz dont think Conley is part of the future, they may look to move him.

The Jazz had had conversations with the Rockets about James Harden. Rockets wanted both Donovan and Rudy. This was before the extensions and before the Wall deal. Jazz declined. Though, I heard Houston reached out to several teams. They even reached out to the Lakers about Lebron James. Jazz could still be players in the Harden deal. They would not get Harden, but could move someone like Conley or Bogey to get some cap relief this year but go heavier in the future.

Jazz will look to get under the tax this year, but fully expect to be paying it next year and likely the year after. That is why getting under it this year is important. if someone like Morgan, Harrison, Oni, or Niang falls out of rotation or isn't able to contribute they will be cut before the deadline.

The Jazz love their roster and think that it can compete. The 15th roster spot will be kept open going into the season and depending on needs will be filled. By the end of the season depending on what the Jazz decide with tax issues, the Jazz may end up converting Brantley into a regular contract.

Comment

Thanks Red!

What's an extra 25 million once the contract gets above 200 million?! lol
                          Rudy Gobert: "Frankly, I like it there and I like the project."

Comment

Got a non-Jazz rumor that will impact the Jazz.

The NBA is very close to agreeing to an expansion. The league will add 2 teams, one in Las Vegas and one in Seattle. The total price tag will be around 5 billion dollars.
                            There is a possibility that 2 more teams will be added as well, one in St Louis or Kansas City and the other in either Louisville or Buffalo.

This is impactful for the Jazz because the Jazz are a tax team, and adding 2 teams could bring ownership aflush with around 333 million dollars, and four teams could bring it to 666 million.

The most likely case is just the 2 teams in Vegas and Seattle. This would force the Pelicans and Grizzlies into the eastern conference. it would also likely cause another division realignment. Likely the Thunder and Timberwolves move to the Southwest and the new Seattle and Vegas team to the Northwerst. (Sacramento could join the NW as well, or both the no-cal teams join the NW and the Vegas team and Jazz go to the Pacific)

Just thought you guys would like to know.

Comment

Working...
                            X