X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 2 cent solution....

Start Jordan Clarkson.

PG - Donovan Mitchell 6'1" with a 6'9 wingspan
    SG - Jordan Clarkson 6'5" w 6'10" wingspan.
    SF - Bogdan Bogdanovic 6'8" w 6'11" wingspan.
    PF - Royce O'Neale 6'4" w 6'10" wingspan.
    C- Rudy Gobert 7'1" w 7'9" wingspan.

This helps us not have a short front court to start the games. Teams keep getting easy looks and getting into a rhythm. It also makes our starting wingspan LONG, these guys will get deflections and steals, and be disruptive on defense, leading to good and easy offensive opportunities.

Bench:

PG - Mike Conley 6'1" w 6'6" wingspan.
    SG - Emmanuel Mudiay 6'5" w 6'9" wingspan.
    SF - Joe Ingles 6'8" w 6'8" wingspan
    PF - Georges Niang 6'8" with a 6'10" wingspan
    C- Tony Bradley 6'10" with a 7'5" wingspan

This allows Mike Conley to be the 6th man off the bench, primary ball handler and scorer when he's on the floor. He needs to be aggressive, and have the ball in his hands. Make sure he knows it's his job to get 40 points every night. He will pass, when necessary. Right now and most of the season - he has been passing too much, passing up good shots that he should be taking. It also gives Mudiay more minutes, which he should be getting playing time every night.

This team is a mess.

Comment

I like the idea of starting Clarkson. He can get points easily. I would move Bogdanovic to the 4 and lets Ingles still start at the 3 though. Ingles is not good in the 2nd unit.

This team has been a disaster since the break.

Comment

They are passing up open looks. Shooting confidence has gone down badly

Comment

Originally posted by echo77 View Post
          I think it's Conley. The ball in his hands throws the team's rhythm off. And rhythm is such an important part of shooting. That's why I think he's best used off the bench, and let him know - we expect you to get 20 points per night.

I think Joe Ingles could play well off the bench if he has Conley and the new and improved Mudiay around him. I think the problem at the beginning of the season is Joe had virtually no one to play with on the bench. Joe was largely on the court with Mudiay (who hadn't improved yet), Jeff Green and Ed Davis. I think if you moved Joe to the bench with Conley - they could play well off each other, involve guys like Niang and Bradley and have fun with it.

Comment

While the Conley experiment seems to have failed, the current mess is due to Bo-jingles inability to hit open shots.

Comment

Originally posted by echo77 View Post
              Drives me insane. There was a sequence last night where three guys passed up open looks just to have Conley miss a spastic layup. That about sums up the Jazz right now.

Comment

LOL I wrote my comment after seeing that same play

Comment

I don't understand the Jazz at all.

I think you enjoy the game more if you don't know the rules. Anyway you're on the same wavelength as the referees. ~Jonathan Davies, 1995

Comment

Comment

rolla coasta season

Comment

Working...
                      X