Jazz waive Jeff Green

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jazz waive Jeff Green

Following Utah's loss to Miami, The Athletic reported Jeff Green will be waived. Green has been part of the much-maligned bench unit. He has averaged a career-worst 7.8 points this season on 38% shooting — the worst mark in his long NBA tenure.
    To fill Green's spot, the Jazz are signing Rayjon Tucker from Milwaukee's G-League team, KSL.comconfirmed. Tucker has been averaging 23.8 points with the Wisconsin Herd.
    https://www.ksl.com/article/46695052...ive-jeff-green
    Last edited by f1do; 12-23-2019, 09:22 PM.

My head was spinning last night. First the trade news comes out and while I'm still processing that, they announce the Jeff Green news. This is not our "old Jazz"!! Talk about moving fast to try and fix a problem. I'm not clear on how much Green's replacement will help, but apparently he's a very exciting player. Is another move coming to shore up the center spot?

I think you enjoy the game more if you don't know the rules. Anyway you're on the same wavelength as the referees. ~Jonathan Davies, 1995

Comment

On the downhill side of a role players career. I thought he would do better.

Comment

Wow, that was fast. Surprising, but I have no issue with it. His contribution was too uneven and small to miss.
        John Stockton -- simply the best.

Comment

Green was very disappointing. I thought he was a great value signing at the time. Was excited to have him come in and contribute. Hopefully this will give some minutes to Brantley.

Comment

Jeff Green had been bad, but by no means the worst. I cringe whenever I see Ed Davis come onto the floor.
            Rudy Gobert: "Frankly, I like it there and I like the project."

Comment

So what's next here? Davis isn't playing now at all. Are we keeping out because a trade is coming or are we just giving Bradley some run?? Clearly the weakest spot on the team right now.

Comment

Was so stoked when guys like Green and Davis seemed like they were jumping on the bandwagon of a potential contender. But man, they've sure been bad.

Comment

The bench offense has stabilized with Bradley coming in. The defense is not great, but passable. It seems like Bradley somehow gets 5 points and 5 boards no matter what, lol.
                  Rudy Gobert: "Frankly, I like it there and I like the project."

Comment

Never would have guessed we'd see Bradley as the backup 5 over Davis coming into the season.

Comment

Working...
                    X