Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade: Exum for Clarkson

Hello JH,

Exum is gone. I feel like i've never invested so much emotional energy into a sportsman for so little payoff. I still remember the unbridled joy I felt when we drafted him. Sigh

Hopefully Clarkson solves some of our bench woes.

Bye Dante. We gave some 2nd rounders to the Cavs too.
    The Jazz are trading former No. 5 pick Dante Exum to the Cleveland Cavaliers along with two second-round picks in exchange for scoring guard Jordan Clarkson, The Salt Lake Tribune has confirmed.

The two second round picks have been confirmed by RealGM to be the Spurs 2022 pick and the Warriors 2023 pick that the Jazz had through previous trades.

I've been ready to move on from Exum for quite some time now. Let's see if Clarkson can be a spark.

The move also saves Cleveland some luxury tax dollars.

Comment

Some things never begin.

Exum is now ex-um.

Hope he is able to stay healthy in a fresh start.

Comment

Exum never returned to the same player we drafted, hate to see him go, but I hate to see any player with promise get hurt and never fully recover. 2 second rounders is a high price for one year.

Comment

This is good for both teams and players. Exum goes to a team where he will get an opportunity to play and Clarkson gets to come to a playoff team. Clarkson's 15 ppg will be a huge boost for the bench - which in my opinion has cost the Jazz a few games. Since Exum wasn't playing, it's like trading away nothing.

The Jazz making moves!!

I think you enjoy the game more if you don't know the rules. Anyway you're on the same wavelength as the referees. ~Jonathan Davies, 1995

Comment

I like this deal. Jazz needed to do something and this gives them a dynamic off the bench scorer.

Dante was done, he got superseded by Mudiay and was made of glass. the 2nd rounders are nothing and really not important.

I still think more moves are necessary. Jazz need some size and rebounding.
            Kangaroo Kill count: 1

Comment

Originally posted by rednecksbasketball View Post
              I like this deal. Jazz needed to do something and this gives them a dynamic off the bench scorer.

Dante was done, he got superseded by Mudiay and was made of glass. the 2nd rounders are nothing and really not important.

I still think more moves are necessary. Jazz need some size and rebounding.
              The guy really never amounted to anything. Too bad.
              Agree on the 2nds, they're a dime a dozen.
              Once in a while they turn into a player but usually they're most useful as throw ins to make a trade work... like now!

Originally posted by paterooski View Post
              Exum goes to a team where he will get an opportunity to get hurt again
              FIFY
              DUTY NOW FOR THE FUTURE!!

Comment

Considering he is on the last year of his contract (Clarkson), and can walk, a couple of second round picks are more than nothing. Who knows where San Antonio and GS will be? If he works out, hope the Jazz can retain him.

Comment

If Clarkson doesn't work out, his salary could be traded for up to an 18 mil salary. Any bigs for that price available?

Comment

Derrick Favors...

Comment

I never invested in Exum. He's been one of the few players not on the table for years, and I figured that would come to an end at some point, if he didn't break out, for real. Not just a tease of it. Only surprise to me is that it took this long.

I said in another thread they should keep this team together for the year, but I was thinking of the core players, not literally every one of them. And I've never considered Exum core - only potentially core, but it was never realized.
                      John Stockton -- simply the best.

Comment

Originally posted by echo77 View Post
                        Derrick Favors...
                        Money works, but I don't think Utah can do that. IINM, can't re-acquire a player traded away in the same season. Favors would be first on my call list next season to see if he's sign for the MLE. I think the next move is to try to get rid of Conley. He's just not a good fit. And in hindsight, we all should have seen that: another ball-dominant undersized guard. Mitchell really needs to be paired with a big combo guard. Just need that 3&D player to complement him. I was hoping Royce would be that guy, but he seems to have plateaued, or even regressed.

Comment

I hope everything works out for Exum. Clarkson is looking good so far.

Comment

Exactly what we needed on the bench.

Comment

So far, this has worked out well for both teams. Dante is pretty efficient when he is on the floor and his confidence seems to be growing with each game. Clarkson is EXACTLY what the bench needed - some grit, moxie, and ability to put the ball through the hoop.
                              Rudy Gobert: "Frankly, I like it there and I like the project."

Comment

Working...
                              X