Woj & Lowe make the case for the Jazz’s playoff chances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woj & Lowe make the case for the Jazz’s playoff chances

I hope they are right. Good news is, these are probably the two smartest, well-informed guys in the NBA, they usually are right.

I think they are right, but I totally disagree with the very last statement, that the Jazz should be making calls at the trade deadline. Heck no. You gotta give this team at least a full season before you go looking to make any significant changes. Obviousy, if someone calls with a trade too good to pass up, that's another matter.
    John Stockton -- simply the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharz96 View Post
      I think they are right, but I totally disagree with the very last statement, that the Jazz should be making calls at the trade deadline. Heck no. You gotta give this team at least a full season before you go looking to make any significant changes. Obviousy, if someone calls with a trade too good to pass up, that's another matter.
      At this point, I would trade just about anyone on the bench.
      Rudy Gobert: "Frankly, I like it there and I like the project."

Comment

I have to admit I'd trade Green. I don't understand how he can be so hot and cold with his shot. It either looks really good or is way off -- like he just chucks it up and sees what happens.

Comment

Extremely inconsistent. I didn't much like his body language as well. Has the Jazz waived anyone so quickly before?

Comment

Originally posted by echo77 View Post
            Extremely inconsistent. I didn't much like his body language as well. Has the Jazz waived anyone so quickly before?
            Good question. Certainly not someone who has played every game, right?

I think you enjoy the game more if you don't know the rules. Anyway you're on the same wavelength as the referees. ~Jonathan Davies, 1995

Comment

Originally posted by Sharz96 View Post
              How do you feel about the moves?
              I don't think you need a full season to see the team was broken. The starters were having to play too many minutes because the bench was absolutely horrible. I actually thought we'd have one of the better benches in the NBA. I gave credit to the FO for the signings of Davis, Green and Mudiay. You'd think Green would be playing for his next contract, but the effort just wasn't there. I think it was apparent he wasn't invested in the team. And we now know why he hasn't stuck anywhere in the league.

I'm also all in on the Exum trade. Maybe Dante can become a decent back up. But Mudiay, who cost us nothing, was already better. Besdies, I think the future is Donovan at the #1 alongside a big 3&D guard. Exum had the "D", but couldn't shoot and couldn't stay healthy. Even if Clarkson signs elsewhere, it's good to be out from under that contract. We'll see if Clarkson sticks, or if he's flipped for a PF. That expiring might be as attractive asset.
              Last edited by TheAntiFan; 12-26-2019, 04:37 AM.

Comment

Best win of the year tonight and it seems like things are starting to come together. It will be interesting to see what happens when Conley comes back. As most of us have said for the last couple of years, we're best when Donovan is at the point. Those lineups also give us better size. So will be tricky to add Conley. But if Conley can integrate into the starting lineup, that adds Royce to a bench unit that looks much improved with Clarkson leading the way.

Comment

True, Weber. We've seen a gradual improvement from the team over the last 9-10 games. It does seem to be coming together. Adding Clarkson looks like it's going to be a big boost. I'm still concerned about back up center, but I'm very encouraged by the way the team is starting to play.

Ize, were you at the game last night? Hope so, because it was a terrific game.

I think you enjoy the game more if you don't know the rules. Anyway you're on the same wavelength as the referees. ~Jonathan Davies, 1995

Comment

Clarkson is a bit of a gunner, so there will probably be moments we get frustrated by that. But honestly he's exactly what the bench has needed in terms of someone willing to step up and take shots and carry some of the scoring load. The guy pumped in 19 last night and there have been plenty of games this year where the entire bench didn't even score that much.

It will be interesting to see who Snyder moves to the bench when Conley comes back. Joe just looks much better with the starting group. The guy is so much more dangerous when you give him a good PnR partner, and he has the best chemistry with Rudy. Royce is probably the obvious answer, but he's also just become the consumate 3 and D player that you'd like to see with the starters since he doesn't command shots. But I guess the more options the better. It's getting exciting!

Comment

When he returns to the lineup, Conley will be the shortest and slimmest PF in all NBA.

Comment

Originally posted by paterooski View Post
                        Ize, were you at the game last night? Hope so, because it was a terrific game.
                        I was! I may be a bad Jazz fan for admitting this, but I wasn't planning on it initially; tickets were $100+ for nosebleeds and that seemed like a lot for a team that's been meh this year. But I got a call Saturday morning from an old bishopric member offering me his friend's tickets that he couldn't use. They were second row in the corner, above one of the tunnels. Absolutely fantastic seats and an even better game! Really fun to see Donovan Mitchell get it going after the first quarter, and seeing the team play some great defense in the second half.
                        Shrimp Mamba

Comment

Article on Don at the point.
                          https://www.theringer.com/nba/2020/1...-conley-injury

Will be interesting to see what happens with Conley when he's back.

Comment

I think the Dallas game will give us something so that we can really evaluate the post-season Jazz chances. Will the bench be able to stay with Mavs bench? Conley really back and contributing? 3 point defense?

Comment

Conley was clutch for the Jazz, Joe Ingles didn't play that great (the Mavs were trapping him hard and early - they had scouted Utah and knew that Joe was basically our PG), but it didn't matter. Jordan Clarkson had his first bad game for us - it didn't matter. Mudiay was hurt - it didn't matter.

Gobert. That's what mattered.

Comment

Working...
                              X