Free agent centers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free agent centers

Bradley is just terrible. I don't know if we can get a 2nd round pick for him but he has to go.

Davis will be back soon hopefully. But in the meantime, who else can the Jazz add as insurance?

*Bogut
    *Dante Cunningham
    *Kenneth Faried
    *Joakim Noah

I have heard some rumblings on the Blazer radio about letting Gasol go. I would go for him over Bradley also.

Thoughts?
    Rudy Gobert lands Defensive player of the year award!(Salt Lake Tribune, April 2016)

We definitely can't get a 2nd rounder for Bradley. He's not an NBA player.

Comment

On his twitter feed, Trevor Booker was saying that he can play the 5 and would come to the Jazz. Maybe just his toughness would be valuable. Bogut has also expressed an interest in returning to the NBA. He and Gasol (who has been released from the Blazers) are old, but maybe one of them could help?

I think you enjoy the game more if you don't know the rules. Anyway you're on the same wavelength as the referees. ~Jonathan Davies, 1995

Comment

Amir Johnson
        Joakim Noah
        Marcin Gortat
        Kenneth Faried (I know, not a center, but we could use him)

and even Kyrylo Fesenko

would be better options as the 3rd/2nd center.

Jazz better act quick (other teams have injuries too) if they want to shore up that position - and it needs to be strengthened. What happens if (God forbid) Gobert misses some games?

A rotation of Ed Davis and Gortat is going to make a huge difference vs Davis-Bradley.

Comment

If Gobert misses time we're in big, big trouble. The defense looks entirely different when he's out there. Guy is such a beast.

Comment

Bradley looked surprisingly decent in his start tonight. Certainly showed well enough to be the 3rd center once Davis is back.

Comment

Bogut or Noah seem like no brainers.

I wonder if Ingles and Gobert have told management to pass on them.
              Rudy Gobert lands Defensive player of the year award!(Salt Lake Tribune, April 2016)

Comment

I was impressed with Bradley last night.
                Rudy Gobert: "Frankly, I like it there and I like the project."

Comment

I think Bradley can do ok depending on who he is playing against. Guys like Towns will eat him alive.

Comment

KAT will eat most people alive. He crushed us that game in Utah even with Rudy around.

Comment

He looked legit vs the Pelicans.

22 min 7-8 FG, 14 points, 9 rebounds, and 1 block. He has soft hands, they can throw him the ball, and he puts it in the basket. He is helped a lot when surrounded by 4 shooters - as anyone would be.

Comment

Another strong showing for Bradley. He could be a good pick n Roll partner with Ingles.

Comment

8 pts, 75% FG, 11 reb, 2 asts, 3 blocks!

This is what you need to win a championship - players growing and playing like they've never played before bringing something extra. SO far, Donovan and Rudy and Royce and Bogdanovic are all playing a little better in some aspects than they ever have before in their lives. If Conley, Jingles, Mudiay, and Exum can join in and do likewise - it's going to start to get really fun.

Comment

For what it's worth, Mudiay has been a pleasant surprise. I hate some of his possessions where he's the only one to touch the ball, but he is certainly finding a way to put the ball in the basket.
                            Rudy Gobert: "Frankly, I like it there and I like the project."

Comment

Originally posted by joncolton View Post
                              8 pts, 75% FG, 11 reb, 2 asts, 3 blocks!

This is what you need to win a championship - players growing and playing like they've never played before bringing something extra. SO far, Donovan and Rudy and Royce and Bogdanovic are all playing a little better in some aspects than they ever have before in their lives. If Conley, Jingles, Mudiay, and Exum can join in and do likewise - it's going to start to get really fun.
                              I think we'll start to see that happening over the next month. For whatever reason (complexity of Quin's offense? difficulty of the early schedule the last two years?), it always takes these teams a couple months to get into a groove. We don't have the schedule excuse as much this year, but with the number of new guys--and guys in major roles--it's just taking some time. But I'm with you, JC: I think it's going to start to get really fun.
                              Shrimp Mamba

Comment

Working...
                              X