Utah Jazz 2019–20: A New Hope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WeberJazz View Post
    14 point loss at home to a mediocre OKC playing 2nd night of B2B. This really isn't going well.

Starting to think this is just who we are. Dennis Lindsey and Justin Zanik have screwed the pooch. Our problems are as follows:

1. The shortest backcourt in the NBA with a 6'1" (aging) Mike Conley and a 6'1" Donovan Mitchell.
    2. A small front court, with no players on the roster that are a true Power Forward.
    3. Arguably one of the weakest benches in the NBA. They don't have length, athleticism or youth, the player with the most "potential" on the bench isn't even in the rotation and everytime he plays we all hold our breath waiting for him to break something.

That all being said, and even after taking on Mike Conley's 32 million dollar contract, we 26th in the NBA in committed salary. The Jazz can't really trade, I mean who is calling about Mike Conley right now? Who is calling for Mudiah? Green? Ed Davis? Not a soul, and even if they were we could only get 1 million dollar contracts back for our bench guys.

What I think the Jazz need to add:

Comment

I don't even know what to think any more. Are all the changes a failure or will it start to work at some point? It's painful.

I think you enjoy the game more if you don't know the rules. Anyway you're on the same wavelength as the referees. ~Jonathan Davies, 1995

Comment

Originally posted by paterooski View Post
        I don't even know what to think any more. Are all the changes a failure or will it start to work at some point? It's painful.
        Boone and Locke postgame were like, we don't know what's going on. If your confused and frustrated - welcome to the club, we all are here at this point - the Jazz, the media, the fans. None of us know what is happening, why it's happening or how to address it.

Comment

Did not expect the bench to be this awful. Was actually pretty stoked when most of those guys signed here.

Comment

https://twitter.com/NBA_Math/status/1204459512599441409

Ouch.

Comment

Really ugly. They are not fun to watch. The effort isn't there, team looks lost and selfish.

Comment

Every possession is a punishment.
                Rudy Gobert: "Frankly, I like it there and I like the project."

Comment

Fun to finally get a win, but this team continues to be schizo. If they can put a long winning streak together now, I might become less confused.

I think you enjoy the game more if you don't know the rules. Anyway you're on the same wavelength as the referees. ~Jonathan Davies, 1995

Comment

Joe looks a lot better with the starting group. Wonder if Snyder will make some sort of switch.

Comment

I wonder if Joe shouldn't be moved into the starting lineup and let Conley run the second unit. It would be like he never left Memphis, lol.
                      Rudy Gobert: "Frankly, I like it there and I like the project."

Comment

#1 offense over the last 2 weeks.
                        https://twitter.com/Lockedonsports/s...12314411823105

Comment

I realize the schedule softened, but man these guys are on fire and playing such good ball. Jazz now lead the league in 3pt%, and Niang is hitting 47% of his 3pt attempts!

Comment

Shooters everywhere. Bench developing nicely. This is what I expected coming into the year it has just happened a lot different than expected with 3 of the new vets being flops.

Comment

I'm both impressed and surprised at how quickly (in NBA time) the Jazz not only recognized the problems but then moved to fix it.

Moving Jeff Green because that would open up time for Niang to create more scoring? Who saw that coming? Trading for a shooter/scorer who would fit in seamlessly? Sitting Ed Davis and watching Tony Bradley begin to blossom? The work of genuises!!!

Watching the results has been so much fun.

Comment

Originally posted by WeberJazz View Post
                                14 point loss at home to a mediocre OKC playing 2nd night of B2B. This really isn't going well.
                                This is now going very well.

Comment

Working...
                                X