Utah Jazz 2019–20: A New Hope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Utah Jazz 2019–20: A New Hope

Am I in the right place? I see Weber posted yesterday. I remember this place being on vBulletin years ago. Good memories. I have enjoyed the past few seasons—ever since a certain player left—but this season has brought more excitement for me since the Golden Era of the Jazz. Last night's game should have been easier but each of the new faces looked good. Yes, even Conley. He wasn't putting up bad shots or playing outside the offense. Excited to see this team grow together through the season and hopefully be more active around here—assuming here is the right place. heh

Same, some good memories, hopefully this can become a gathering place again for the non-juvenile Jazz fans...

Comment

Donovan Mitchell’s growth was a beautiful thing to watch..

and yes, ever since Hayward left, it was like night and day..

Comment

Conley off to a rough start, but I'm sure he'll find his groove.

Comment

Good to see you again, Shane. Hope you'll continue to visit.

I think you enjoy the game more if you don't know the rules. Anyway you're on the same wavelength as the referees. ~Jonathan Davies, 1995

Comment

Not getting too worried because this team has been a slow starter the last two seasons and that was before adding new parts. But this team definitely isn't clicking yet like I thought it would.

Comment

DM needs to trust his teammates more and get others involved.

Comment

Every move the Jazz made was for offense, and somehow the offense is worse. Currently 23rd in offensive efficiency, where they've ranked middle of the pack last few years. Obviously was going to take time for the O to jell, but still a little surprising.

Defense still good and currently 2nd in defensive efficiency.

Comment

This is not going as planned.

Comment

Hey Jazzhoops. The season has me intrigued and following the team more than any time in the past five years. I didn't think our hot start would last, but … yikes, this is rough. After all these years, I still do not like watching if I don't think they have a decent shot to win. And more than ever I appreciate just how good we had it with StocknMalone.
                    John Stockton -- simply the best.

Comment

Good to see you back Sharz. I'll look forward to your thoughts.

It was a tough road trip but things will get better.

I think you enjoy the game more if you don't know the rules. Anyway you're on the same wavelength as the referees. ~Jonathan Davies, 1995

Comment

I don't know if things WILL get better, but they COULD get better. I'm of two minds of what's going on.

1) Worst Case Scenario - the Jazz bought a dog in Mike Conley. He was putting up good numbers on a bad team, and has aged a ton in one summer (which happens to a lot of NBA players in their 30s). Donovan Mitchell is focused on becoming an All-Star and doesn't want to share the ball with Bogdanovic. Bogdanovic is a defensive disaster and is never going to be a solid defender. Coach Quin Snyder's offense is too complicated and doesn't allow his players to shoot in rhythm, he needs to greatly simplify it so our players can understand the playbook.

2) Best Case Scenario/ probably a more realistic scenario - It's going to take some time. The early wins against good teams that the Jazz had showed their talent packed roster, and they had not gelled yet and were just getting by on talent. The Jazz got it in their minds, that they have a talent packed roster. That while true, is not completely true. We are not the Warriors, we are not the Lakers, the Clippers, the Rockets or the Bucks. In order for the Jazz to win big, they are going to have to become the new Spurs - and connectivity and defensive tenacity are the keys to doing that. Connectivity doesn't happen over night.

Mike Conley = Tony Parker
                        Rudy Gobert = Tim Duncan
                        Jeff Green/Royce O'Neale = Kawhi Leonard
                        Donovan Mitchell = Marco Bellinelli
                        Joe Ingles = Manu Ginobili
                        Bojan Bogdanovic = Danny Green
                        Ed Davis = Tiago Splitter
                        Emmanuel Mudiay = Patty Mills

If the Jazz are going to win A LOT more games, they need to have their blender running to perfection mode.

Comment

I'm watching the Memphis game now while working on computer. More listening than watching. Does it drive anyone else as crazy as it does me, to see the home and away colors switched? It's just WRONG, and screws me up for a split second every time I glance up.
                          John Stockton -- simply the best.

Comment

Yeah its been like this the last 2-3 seasons - teams get to choose which jerseys they play. Difficult to figure out which team to root for when you switch back to the game.

Comment

14 point loss at home to a mediocre OKC playing 2nd night of B2B. This really isn't going well.

Comment

Working...
                              X