No announcement yet.

International Basketball/World Cup 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rudy made some huge blocks down the stretch, including a key rejection of Donovan. Definitely redeemed himself after his bad finish vs Australia, where he was totally outplayed by Baynes.

Final four is now:

Australia vs Spain
    Argentina vs France

Australia have never medalled in a major men's basketball tournament, but have finished 4th/5th several times.

Comment

Originally posted by KYJazzFan View Post
      Ricky Rubio is having himself a tournament as well!
      Any chance we could trade for him? Imagine having a team with Rubio, Ingles, Gobert, and Mitchell, four of the best players from the World Cup!

Comment

Two thoughts:
        1) Kemba is a lot like Kyrie. The other guard doesn't get a lot of touches when he's in the game. Walker seemed to look for Tatum before he got hurt, so let's hope Hayward is the forgotten man like Mitchell was with Kemba, left alone to do nothing in the corner.
        2) Conley's average games are about what Ricky is doing in the tournament. And he's NOTHING like Kemba.

Go Boomers!
        Hoping to see an Aussie/France rematch in the Finals. Then let Rudy and Joe have at it.
        Last edited by TheAntiFan; 09-11-2019, 07:46 PM.

Comment

serbia 32-7 usa
          end of first quarter

what is happening? players lost interest?

Comment

No real center. Two games in a row we went against an actual dominating big man. I can't help but wonder if Favors would've helped this team. I bet he would've been glad to go if asked.

Comment

I feel bad that Donovan had to be on a losing USA team. They were kind of doomed from the start really.

I think you enjoy the game more if you don't know the rules. Anyway you're on the same wavelength as the referees. ~Jonathan Davies, 1995

Comment

Favors would be a monster. Would be great to see him go against Gobert.

Comment

USA wins their final game with Donovan leading the way with 16 points and 10 assists. France and Australia playing for a bronze medal. Might be fun to see Rudy and Joe going at it. Will Ricky/Spain win the gold medal?

I think you enjoy the game more if you don't know the rules. Anyway you're on the same wavelength as the referees. ~Jonathan Davies, 1995

Comment

Working...
                  X