International Basketball/World Cup 2019

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• International Basketball/World Cup 2019

Figured we'd need a thread to discuss all the international action going on, including exhibition games and then the World Cup. Several current & former Jazz players involved.

I'm going to watch Team USA vs Australia on in melbourne Thursday night.

Pop & Team USA practising yesterday at MSAC where I play domestic ball - https://twitter.com/slcdunk/status/1163448913380032512

...and Donovan now supports the same footy club as me.

https://twitter.com/spidadmitchell/s...95361380233216

Thanks Joe.

Comment

Originally posted by hhhhkau View Post
      Figured we'd need a thread to discuss all the international action going on, including exhibition games and then the World Cup. Several current & former Jazz players involved.

I'm going to watch Team USA vs Australia on in melbourne Thursday night.

Pop & Team USA practising yesterday at MSAC where I play domestic ball - https://twitter.com/slcdunk/status/1163448913380032512
      Awsome !!!!! Try to be there early with some Jazz apparel, that should work !
      "I like being a mystery, They haven't seen me to pick apart my game -- and they also haven't seen how much better I've gotten in the past year." Dante Exum

Comment

Hahaha, nah it's ok. I have literally no interest in meeting my idols.

Comment

So good to see some basketball. Anyone else think Donovan has gotten a lot bigger and stronger? The DWade comparisons seem more legit.

I think you enjoy the game more if you don't know the rules. Anyway you're on the same wavelength as the referees. ~Jonathan Davies, 1995

Comment

Nice to see an unselfish passing team win. USA no passing, no plays, all hero one on one ball.

Comment

Patty Mills just went bonkers in the 4th to lead the Boomers to a 98-94 upset win over Team USA. First time Australia has ever beaten them. First loss for Team USA featuring NBA players in 13 years.

Jingles and Bogut were both awesome.

Comment

Jazz need to sign Bogut

Comment

Originally posted by TrueAg View Post
                  Nice to see an unselfish passing team win. USA no passing, no plays, all hero one on one ball.
                  Completely agree. I only watched the first half of the game, but I couldn't stand the way USA was playing. Congrats to Australia and our man Jingles.

I think you enjoy the game more if you don't know the rules. Anyway you're on the same wavelength as the referees. ~Jonathan Davies, 1995

Comment

Bogut will apparently play NBL 'til late in the NBA season again. Maybe we can go and grab him at that point?

Comment

So we're up to the final 8.
                      Spain vs Poland
                      Australia vs Czech Republic
                      Serbia vs Argentina
                      USA vs France

Ingles has had a great tournament and was very good vs Rudy's France last night. Australia's win meant avoiding USA in the QF, which is obviously huge.

Comment

Ricky Rubio is having himself a tournament as well!
                        Rudy Gobert: "Frankly, I like it there and I like the project."

Comment

USA loses. Two best players in the game were Rudy and Donovan.

Comment

Did Spida try to do too much singlehandedly?

Comment

Originally posted by echo77 View Post
                              Did Spida try to do too much singlehandedly?
                              On the contrary, Kemba Walker probably tried to do too much. If' they'd stuck with Donovan in the 4th they might have won.

Comment

Working...
                              X