Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Game 1 Thread

Originally posted by TrueAg View Post
    The problem was they weren't forcing Harden anywhere they were giving him a wide open lane. I can understand forcing right and staying on his hip so he can't do the step back but most of the time it was a blow by and Harden had tons of space to operate and pick the Jazz apart. It really bothers me that we are a supposedly great defensive team and we give up all of our habits to go to a Gimmick.
    Agreed. They weren't forcing him right, they were letting him go right, and get comfortable. Then Gobert would show (often too early) and no one would rotate over to help the helper. And when they would, if it was Rubio, Neto, O'Neale, or whomever - they would set half *** soft screens, or just fake like they were going to box out, but no actual boxing out happened.

Defense was pitiful. The Rockets on the other hand, looked like the best defensive team of the league.

Comment

I tend to agree with Larsen's comment in there that offense was probably worse and more problematic than the defense.

Comment

The Jazz desperately needs another player who can create his own shot. They are too reliant on Mitchell for scoring outside of the set offense. Rockets are a terrible matchup for the Jazz -- worse than the Warriors, IMHO. I know it's only one game, but I think this series will clearly expose where the team needs help. Hopefully one way or another they can figure out how to get it this summer.

That said, I expect Snyder to make some solid adjustments that will make things more competitive in Game 2, but I will be shocked if Utah wins more than one game in this series.

Comment

This is where Dennis Lindsey was right to pursue Mike Conley.

It's too bad the Grizzlies GM was such a doofus (he's since been demoted back to scout). And, I have to imagine the way that GMs around the league had privately condemned the Grizzlies conduct with the Jazz was no small part of it.

Conley would have been the perfect fit - he could have guarded/shut down (in spurts) Chris Paul 1 on 1, and allowed the Jazz more options on offense as well.

Comment

Yes, Conley, but remember that would have also been no Favors. No thanks. We need Favors.
            Rudy Gobert lands Defensive player of the year award!(Salt Lake Tribune, April 2016)

Comment

Working...
            X