X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deringer
    replied
    Re: Joe Ingles Appreciation Thread!

Last year he shot 35/77 from 3, this year he's at 5/20. His ORTG went from 110 to 87. Darren Collison posted a 94 ORTG this playoffs.

Leave a comment:

• WeberJazz
    replied

That's the thing -- he's had a ton of wide open looks.

Leave a comment:

• ThaSizzle
    replied

Originally posted by WeberJazz View Post
    Not sure what's up with our beloved Joe but he's sure been bad.
    I think part of this has been a big part of Houston's game plan. Take Ingles out of the game and make things harder on Donovan. It hasn't helped that when he's had good looks, he isn't knocking them down. But yeah, he's been pretty terrible this series.

Leave a comment:

• WeberJazz
    replied

He also had that 27 point game in Houston last year and put up good numbers across the board in that series as well.

Leave a comment:

• deringer
    replied

I remember last year against the Thunder when he was running pick and rolls, making great reads, being a great facilitator in addition to lights out shooting. He is not involved this year at all beyond having a noticeably hard time trying to decide whether to brick or to pass too late.

Leave a comment:

• TrueAg
    replied

and disengaged...No fire

Leave a comment:

• WeberJazz
    replied

Not sure what's up with our beloved Joe but he's sure been bad.

Leave a comment:

• leetrakul
    replied

Is there a way to strengthen joint/ligaments via strength training?

I seriously am more worried when they have those types of injuries than when there are bloods spilling all over the place.

Leave a comment:

• joncolton
    replied

Originally posted by leetrakul View Post
    The best thing that happened to us when we drafted Exum was getting Ingles.

With thay said, I hope Exum finds his way back somehow..
    You have to think at this point, what Exum has is not normal (for an NBA player). Not everyone's body is designed for the rigors of an NBA season, he has height, length and athletic ability, but he has ligaments that tear and break. Even when he doesn't have something major wrong with him, he's always missing games because of soft tissue problems. He missed over 6 weeks straight for a twisted ankle, and then more time for his bone issue.

Dante's a terrific kid with a lot of talent. So was Raul Lopez, but the NBA is not necessarily for everyone. Maybe, if he played for a league with a shorter schedule he could do well. If you're the Jazz, you have to build for the future as if Dante is not going to play again, and you are missing 12 million in cap space over the next two seasons. If he gets healthy and can contribute something - great! That's a terrific bonus. But, I think right now Dante needs to talk to his parents and his doctors and evaluate how much more of this he can take. Surgeries, physical therapy and rehab in 4 out of your first 5 years in the NBA is a lot of toll on your body and psyche - and he's 23 years old.
    Last edited by joncolton; 03-30-2019, 02:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

• leetrakul
    replied

The best thing that happened to us when we drafted Exum was getting Ingles.

With thay said, I hope Exum finds his way back somehow..

Leave a comment:

• echo77
    replied

Guy who designs shoes is Kickstradomis

Leave a comment:

• IcoinedMansap
    replied

His autism awareness advocacy is so cool, and whoever designed the shirts and shoes deserves a gold star as well.

Leave a comment:

• TheAntiFan
    replied

As for Hayward, the problem will be solved with the NO trade. There was a reason the Pelicans stopped talking to the Lakers. There's already a deal in place to trade him to the Celtics, just as soon as that silly rule no longer applies. The piece NO is demanding is Tatum. So he's gone and Boston can start Gordon at SF. Gordon is thrilled because he'll be the 4th option with no pressure on him.

Leave a comment:

• TheAntiFan
    replied

Well, the Jazz either led the league or were near the lead in FG% many times during the Sloan era. And let's be honest, there weren't that many great shooters from deep, especially when you could hand check and knock them off the line. Now shooters are protected like NFL QB's. You can't even invade their "space" without getting whistled. It's a different era.

As for Ingles, I'm one of those who wanted to see him come off the bench. But I've changed my mind because I want Utah to keep Favors, replace Rubio with a shooter, and move Donovan over to the 1. In that scenario, the Jazz need a second playmaker. And that's Joe. That said, I still think Joe logs too many minutes. He should play 25 or so.

Leave a comment:

• WeberJazz
    replied

Was bummed he missed by one rebound!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X