X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Joe Ingles Appreciation Thread!

Jingles going thru some personal challenges:

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...diagnosis.html
    Utah Jazz forward Joe Ingles, wife Renae publicly share news of son's autism diagnosis

On Wednesday, the Ingleses continued that pattern of openness. In a post on the Australian website Exclusive Insight, which was designed as a media platform for athletes and entertainers, they announced that their son Jacob has been diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder.

The Ingleses wrote that Jacob was diagnosed on Jan. 8 after a weeks-long assessment. Their primary purpose in sharing the news, they wrote, was to try to help other parents understand that early intervention is key should children exhibit signs of possibly being on the autism spectrum.

Comment

https://www.exclusiveinsight.com/joe...ill-our-jacob/

A beautiful, heartwarming story. It explains so much about Joe's struggles this year. I've said for months I thought he must be injured because he wasn't his normal self. Well, now we know.

I think you enjoy the game more if you don't know the rules. Anyway you're on the same wavelength as the referees. ~Jonathan Davies, 1995

Comment

Yeah - parenting is hard enough without the added complexity/curveball autism brings.

Some interesting detail re: NBA autism month & the Jazz having a sensory room. That's really cool.

Comment

Ingles and Favs high SnR is one of the great joys in life. Ingles averaging 9 assists per game over the last 5 games, with 10 or more assists in 3 of those games.

Comment

Need this Favors "Hulk" mode for the rest of this season & playoffs.

Comment

Currently 4th among all SF in RPM and WINS. The only players ahead of him either category are PG, Lebron and KD. Unbelievable.

Comment

Missed a triple by 1 R. Crowd booed Snyder for pulling him out and chanted "We want Joe"

Comment

Unbelievable! I thought signing Joe was a favor to Hayward. Joe is quickly climbing the charts for all time beloved Jazzmen.
                  Rudy Gobert: "Frankly, I like it there and I like the project."

Comment

Was bummed he missed by one rebound!

Comment

Well, the Jazz either led the league or were near the lead in FG% many times during the Sloan era. And let's be honest, there weren't that many great shooters from deep, especially when you could hand check and knock them off the line. Now shooters are protected like NFL QB's. You can't even invade their "space" without getting whistled. It's a different era.

As for Ingles, I'm one of those who wanted to see him come off the bench. But I've changed my mind because I want Utah to keep Favors, replace Rubio with a shooter, and move Donovan over to the 1. In that scenario, the Jazz need a second playmaker. And that's Joe. That said, I still think Joe logs too many minutes. He should play 25 or so.

Comment

As for Hayward, the problem will be solved with the NO trade. There was a reason the Pelicans stopped talking to the Lakers. There's already a deal in place to trade him to the Celtics, just as soon as that silly rule no longer applies. The piece NO is demanding is Tatum. So he's gone and Boston can start Gordon at SF. Gordon is thrilled because he'll be the 4th option with no pressure on him.

Comment

His autism awareness advocacy is so cool, and whoever designed the shirts and shoes deserves a gold star as well.
                          Joel Bolomboy will have his revenge on Salt Lake City.

Comment

Guy who designs shoes is Kickstradomis

Comment

The best thing that happened to us when we drafted Exum was getting Ingles.

With thay said, I hope Exum finds his way back somehow..

Comment

Originally posted by leetrakul View Post
                                The best thing that happened to us when we drafted Exum was getting Ingles.

With thay said, I hope Exum finds his way back somehow..
                                You have to think at this point, what Exum has is not normal (for an NBA player). Not everyone's body is designed for the rigors of an NBA season, he has height, length and athletic ability, but he has ligaments that tear and break. Even when he doesn't have something major wrong with him, he's always missing games because of soft tissue problems. He missed over 6 weeks straight for a twisted ankle, and then more time for his bone issue.

Dante's a terrific kid with a lot of talent. So was Raul Lopez, but the NBA is not necessarily for everyone. Maybe, if he played for a league with a shorter schedule he could do well. If you're the Jazz, you have to build for the future as if Dante is not going to play again, and you are missing 12 million in cap space over the next two seasons. If he gets healthy and can contribute something - great! That's a terrific bonus. But, I think right now Dante needs to talk to his parents and his doctors and evaluate how much more of this he can take. Surgeries, physical therapy and rehab in 4 out of your first 5 years in the NBA is a lot of toll on your body and psyche - and he's 23 years old.
                                Last edited by joncolton; 03-30-2019, 02:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X