Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Joe Ingles Appreciation Thread!

Best bargain in the NBA? No.
    Joel Bolomboy will have his revenge on Salt Lake City.

Comment

I agree. Ingles was a great bargain.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzKitty View Post
        I agree. Ingles was a great bargain.
        12 mil per season for a top 10 SF in the NBA. Yeah, that's a freaking deal. He may be a better deal than Jae Crowder, but not better than Royce O'Neale, and certainly not better than Donovan Mitchell's current contract - which I see as our championship window (the next 5-6 years - with a heavy emphasis on the next 2-3, things are getting exciting).

Comment

Aaron Falk
          ‏ @aaronfalk

Joe Ingles on the team's free agents: "Fav said I didn’t need to go on a private jet to see him. Just to FaceTime him."
          https://twitter.com/aaronfalk/status/994270641581834241

:bwaha

Comment

I vote Joe Ingles to be the team mom.
            And that's hilarious about Favs. If Derrick leaves, I'll be sad. TBH, my head tells me we really need a 4 who can hit 3's. But I like Derrick and I like this team.

I may sound like KOC, but we really dont know what this team can do when healthy. And there could be a lot of internal development. Imagine if Mitchell, Crowder and O'Neale can just increase their 3pt shooting 2-3%. And imagine a full year of Dante playing like he did against Houston.
            Last edited by TheAntiFan; 05-09-2018, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAntiFan View Post
              I vote Joe Ingles to be the team mom.
              And that's hilarious about Favs. If Derrick leaves, I'll be sad. TBH, my head tells me we really need a 4 who can hit 3's. But I like Derrick and I like this team.

I may sound like KOC, but we really dont know what this team can do when healthy. And there could be a lot of internal development. Imagine if Mitchell, Crowder and O'Neale can just increase their 3pt shooting 2-3%. And imagine a full year of Dante playing like he did against Houston.
              Well, in Derrick's exit interview, he said that was what he wanted to work on, so...
              "We can't put diapers on him one night, and a jockstrap the next"
              Forgive my spelling. Post was likely typed with my thumbs.
              www.twitter.com/sizzle801

Comment

Wanting to work on it and actually doing it are two different things. Didnt he say the same last year, that he had been working on it. He can now hit about 1 in 4?

Derrick at 25 mins/ per with half of those mins at the 5 is ideal, IMO. But can Utah afford him and can the Jazz find a PF to play 35 mins who can shoot. Crowder certainly failed in that role in Cleveland and was only marginally better with Utah. IINM, Boston Crowder was mainly successful at the 3.

Comment

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/1...gles-hell-yeah

Comment

Great article, Weber. I particularly liked this paragraph:

Ingles has taken his game to another level over the past few weeks. Utah is a more versatile team with Ingles at point guard instead of a smaller player like Rubio. The Jazz have been starting another wing (Royce O’Neale) in his place, making Mitchell the only player on the floor under 6-foot-7 in their starting five. Snyder has stumbled into something that could pay huge dividends down the road. Their normal starting lineup has a net rating of plus-1.6 this season in 281 minutes. Their lineups with Ingles and Mitchell and without any of their point guards have a net rating of plus-18.9 in 154 minutes. The one to watch is when Snyder puts O’Neale and another 3-and-D wing (Jae Crowder) around Ingles, Gobert, and Mitchell. That unit, in a small sample size of 45 minutes, is plus-26.6.
                    "Things work out best for the people who make the best out of the way things work out."
                    - John Wooden

Comment

If only Joe could score. He was worthless against Portland. IMO, he needs to be playing around 20 mins and perhaps even coming off the bench.

Comment

If only Joe could be more consistent with his offense.

Comment

Jingles was scoring just fine early in the season, but he's in a serious slump right now. Since the beginning of 2019, he's only shooting 39% FG and 29% 3PT. Not sure what happened to his shot, but I sure hope he finds it again soon.

He does so many other things to positively affect the game, that I disagree about him only playing 20 mins or coming off the bench. But he definitely needs to find his shot again.

Comment

Pretty sure Joe is playing hurt. He did something to his fingers early on, he mildly sprained an ankle about 3 games ago, and for quite a while now, whenever he comes of the floor, they put a wrap on his calf while he's sitting.

I think you enjoy the game more if you don't know the rules. Anyway you're on the same wavelength as the referees. ~Jonathan Davies, 1995

Comment

Ah, that makes sense. He played well last night, so hopefully he can keep it up.

Comment

Yes, he played very well against Denver. Of course the real reason for winning was Favs eliminating Plumlee.

Comment

Working...
                                X