Joe Ingles Appreciation Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Joe Ingles Appreciation Thread!

It's just stupid to look at for a single game. The way it has caught on annoys the shit out of me.

Comment

Yeah, sure but Donovan Mitchell gave tons of praise to Joe Ingles in the post game interviews, so did Quin. Talking about the defense that he played on Paul George. Playoff P shot 6-21 while being primarily covered by Joe Ingles. If you don't think that's contributing to your team's win. You don't know as much about basketball as Donovan and Quin (which isn't an insult at 90+% of NBA players don't either).

https://nz.finance.yahoo.com/news/in...2861--spt.html

"Joe has been the guy for us who does all of the dirty work," said Donovan Mitchell, the Jazz rookie who did fill the score sheet with a game-high 28 points.

"Tonight he was locked in on the defensive end after Paul George had a great game one.

"The way he responded defensively in this game was very impressive."

Comment

Nobody's saying he didn't make any contributions at all. But he certainly wasn't good enough to merit anything as a takeaway in his team leading +/-. Meanwhile some moron TNT analyst probably grabbed a boxscore and went, "he was +21, best on the team, so obviously he was doing something right." Yeah, he was sitting on the bench when the coach told him to, which was the right thing to do.

Comment

He's got such a tough draw this series on both ends. But then when he has the ball he takes about one probing step and gives up. I'm not worried about the shooting but where's Jingles our (often) best facilitator?
          "They ......g sucked dick tonight...Where the .... is the home cooking you ....-suckers." -- cammersvt

Comment

Yeah, that's a bigger concern to me. The buckets come and go, but I swear he was our leader in assists the last month or so and that had disappeared so far.

Comment

I think that is just how the flow of the game has gone. Ingles playing tough D and OKC defending him hard.

OKC will probably change how they are going to defend Donovan, which will leave Ingles open more. Expect a big game soon.

Comment

Jingles!

Comment

Jingling Joe was magic tonight. He once again passed to Derrick Favors shin bone - but other than that - he had a near perfect game! Loved it.

Comment

Woo-freaking-hoo!!
                    "Things work out best for the people who make the best out of the way things work out."
                    - John Wooden

Comment

"They ......g sucked dick tonight...Where the .... is the home cooking you ....-suckers." -- cammersvt

Comment

:lol

Comment

Got this message from a high ranking Chicago Bulls official last evening: "Unbelievable. Mitchell is so freaking good and Ingles is the most underrated player in the league."

After a few exchanges I commented that I wish the Jazz would have been willing to give the Bulls their 1st rounder for Mirotic and that he could be the difference maker for the Jazz in the playoffs.

His response: "I agree. I really like Niko a lot and he would have been a great fit with the Jazz."

After more exchanges about Ingles, he commented that he believes Ingles is the best pocket passer in the league.
                          "Things work out best for the people who make the best out of the way things work out."
                          - John Wooden

Comment

Thanks for the insight, Chic. So cool that you have that relationship.

I think you enjoy the game more if you don't know the rules. Anyway you're on the same wavelength as the referees. ~Jonathan Davies, 1995

Comment

Agree with Jingles being underrated. He's in Paul George's head and is a huge reason for Utah being up 3-1.

Comment

George is significantly less rattled than Russ. I'm actually watching this and just marveling at how good George is and what a mental midget Russ is. Melo I don't care about because that dude is just washed and Presti probably goes to bed every night praying Melo doesn't pick up his player option at $26m or whatever.

Comment

Working...
                                X