• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paterooski
    replied
    Re: The official Donovan Mitchell thread

Originally posted by WeberJazz View Post
    https://kutv.com/news/local/donovan-...gainst-rockets

Hope the fame, success, and eventually money, don't spoil him.
    He is who he is and I'll be surprised if that changes significantly.

Leave a comment:

• KYJazzFan
    replied

Originally posted by paterooski View Post
    At halftime, I was praying for "2nd half Donovan". Fourth quarter Donovan was even better!!
    please keep praying

Leave a comment:

• paterooski
    replied

At halftime, I was praying for "2nd half Donovan". Fourth quarter Donovan was even better!!

Leave a comment:

• WeberJazz
    replied

https://kutv.com/news/local/donovan-...gainst-rockets

Hope the fame, success, and eventually money, don't spoil him.

Leave a comment:

• TheAntiFan
    replied

But a year is not comprised of just "post ASG" averages. It's especially pertinent in this case because of the disparity in the Jazz' opponent's W/L %. Of course, you'd expect Mitchell to have great stats against much easier competition. Look, I really like Mitchell, but you can't put him in the 1st group. But the 2nd group is amazing, too.

Leave a comment:

• ThaSizzle
    replied

Originally posted by WeberJazz View Post
    Don't look now, but after a rocky start to the year, this kid is just killing it. When he got injured in the last game of the season last year, I said at the time the biggest bummer was going to be not having a healthy summer. That clearly had an impact, and as Donovan acknowledged, he simply wasn't prepared for the amount of focus and gameplanning he'd get in year two. But since the AS break:

26.3 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 4.4 apg on .463/.451/.821.

Yeesh! He really is approaching Dwayne Wade territory. Locke has really been on this kick that a first and second player carrying this type of scoring load and usage rate on a team winning this many games is pretty unprecedented.
    Players in NBA history who have averaged 25 points, 5 boards and 5 assists per game in their first or second NBA season:
    Oscar Robertson (both years)
    Michael Jordan
    Lebron James
    Jerry West

If you drop the numbers slightly to 23, 4 and 4 in their first or second, the list is a bit longer and adds the following players:
    Kareem
    Dwayne Wade
    David Thompson
    Elgin Baylor
    Walter Davis
    Earl Monroe
    Kelly Tripuka
    Mark Aguirre
    Dave Bing
    Sidney Wicks
    Donny
    Allen Iverson

Donovan is doing it on the second fewer minutes per game of anyone on the list and fewest FG attempts per game of anyone. The flip side is he is also lowest in FTA per game. I think part of that will come as he gets more respect. But it's encouraging for sure. He's the 5th youngest (Lebron, Jordan, AI, David Thompson all younger). It's not a bad group of players to be compared to, that's for sure.

Leave a comment:

• WeberJazz
    replied

Don't look now, but after a rocky start to the year, this kid is just killing it. When he got injured in the last game of the season last year, I said at the time the biggest bummer was going to be not having a healthy summer. That clearly had an impact, and as Donovan acknowledged, he simply wasn't prepared for the amount of focus and gameplanning he'd get in year two. But since the AS break:

26.3 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 4.4 apg on .463/.451/.821.

Yeesh! He really is approaching Dwayne Wade territory. Locke has been on this kick that a first and second year player carrying this type of scoring load and usage rate on a team winning this many games is pretty unprecedented.
    Last edited by WeberJazz; 04-04-2019, 01:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• hhhhkau
    replied

Why/how?

Leave a comment:

• WeberJazz
    replied

https://twitter.com/kirkgoldsberry/s...86404234121216

This seems...not good.

Leave a comment:

• GenkiAG
    replied

Sounds like the toe bothered him longer than expected. Tony Jones reported that the Jazz expected a slower start because he wasn't all the way back when the season started. He looks a lot more athletic around the rim in the last few weeks as well. Whatever the reasons, it's great to see him playing at this level. We have a bonafide super star!!

Leave a comment:

• hhhhkau
    replied

Yeah, agree. Love his grit. He's just a strange combination of attributes. Shot selection isn't great, very streaky, makes bizarre turnovers, etc. I'm glad he's ours though.

Leave a comment:

• TheAntiFan
    replied

Originally posted by hhhhkau View Post
    Crowder is legit one of the weirdest players we've ever had.
    Loved seeing him stand up to Jokic. Jazz needed that toughness.

Leave a comment:

• IzeOfLight
    replied

Originally posted by CactusKing04 View Post
    Loving that Korver trade more and more!
    Seriously! I wish I'd been paying slightly better attention because it was interesting, but I was driving to meet a client while listening. One other tidbit I remember Locke mentioning is that they were working on streamlining Mitchell's movement a bit when shooting. Sounds very Korver-esque.

Leave a comment:

• TrueAg
    replied

I love having Crowder on the team just wish it was in a smaller role. Ride him when he is shooting well and then sit him when he isn't.

Leave a comment:

• hhhhkau
    replied

Crowder is legit one of the weirdest players we've ever had.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X