The official Donovan Mitchell thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The official Donovan Mitchell thread

It's okay to be high on this kid. The Jazz staff is and DL has said he'll have a long leash. They're pretty confident in him.

I think you enjoy the game more if you don't know the rules. Anyway you're on the same wavelength as the referees. ~Jonathan Davies, 1995

Comment

Originally posted by paterooski View Post
      It's okay to be high on this kid. The Jazz staff is and DL has said he'll have a long leash. They're pretty confident in him.
      I don't even care about being let down. I am all about the Mitchell hype train.
      How do you score under 35 in a half? Utah's tank is too strong -Raptors fan

Comment

Originally posted by paterooski View Post
        And we don't really have a scorer. Somebody's gotta do it, so why not him?
        DUTY NOW FOR THE FUTURE!!

Comment

I don't expect him to be an all-star this year. But I hope that he will be in the running for ROY.

Comment

How do you score under 35 in a half? Utah's tank is too strong -Raptors fan

Comment

Bump.

Unimpressive my arse.
              "We can't put diapers on him one night, and a jockstrap the next"
              Forgive my spelling. Post was likely typed with my thumbs.
              www.twitter.com/sizzle801

Comment

Originally posted by ThaSizzle View Post
                Bump.

Unimpressive my arse.
                So I've heard. But enough about you...

Interesting that Mitchell was the only one with a positive +/- against Toronto.

He is also only the 2nd rookie in Jazz history to score at least 22 points in three of his first nine games. The other rookie? Darrell Griffith.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAntiFan View Post
                  So I've heard. But enough about you...

Interesting that Mitchell was the only one with a positive +/- against Toronto.

He is also only the 2nd rookie in Jazz history to score at least 22 points in three of his first nine games. The other rookie? Darrell Griffith.
                  Dr. Dunkenstein was rookie of the year

Comment

Is he already our best player?

Comment

Originally posted by TrueAg View Post
                      Is he already our best player?
                      No but only because Rudy is as good as he is.
                      "We can't put diapers on him one night, and a jockstrap the next"
                      Forgive my spelling. Post was likely typed with my thumbs.
                      www.twitter.com/sizzle801

Comment

I do have to say without Mitchell this year, I would be really worried for the Jazz future.

Comment

I do have to say without Mitchell this year, I would be really worried for the Jazz future.
                          Agree. Jazz have two franchise players in Rudy and Donovan, even if Rudy is struggling at times right now. Rubio can be fringe all-star quality. IMO, need starters at the 3 and 4. with Ingles becoming a backup. Need to move on from Favs and Hood.

As for ROY, it's Simmons' to lose. He's way in front right now.

Comment

iT REALLY demonstrates the genius of Dennis Lindsey. The classic GM mistake is to trade your picks to try and get good players. He's almost always kept his picks - and they've turned out to be valuable. Even with the pick of Trey Lyles, we were able to move that to help us get Donovan Mitchell.

2018 is supposed to be the deepest draft in a long time, and we still have our pick. If Dennis Lindsey can find another Gobert/Mitchell in the 2018 draft - our rebuild we will have happened at the speed of light.

Comment

Originally posted by joncolton View Post
                              iT REALLY demonstrates the genius of Dennis Lindsey. The classic GM mistake is to trade your picks to try and get good players. He's almost always kept his picks - and they've turned out to be valuable. Even with the pick of Trey Lyles, we were able to move that to help us get Donovan Mitchell.

2018 is supposed to be the deepest draft in a long time, and we still have our pick. If Dennis Lindsey can find another Gobert/Mitchell in the 2018 draft - our rebuild we will have happened at the speed of light.
                              2017 was pretty deep. I wonder how 2018 will stack up. The best part about 2018 is it appears Utah will be in the lottery. The absolute WORST thing that could happen is for Utah to somehow limp in as the 8th seed. Jazz ABSOLUTELY need a high draft pick and to come away from the draft with a starting 3 or 4. Or Lindsey trades Favs or Hood plus the pick (protected top-4) for an established starter. However, doing that at the deadline negates any cap space DL could clear and utilize to sign a free agent.

Comment

3rd pick = Kanter
                                5th pick = Exum
                                9th pick = Hayward
                                13th pick = Mitchell
                                27th pick = Gobert

I really like Lindsey's ability to draft late, and pick out good players that is under performing in their current team like George Hill/Rubio.
                                Not ready to go through another year of rebuilding..

Comment

Working...
                                X