Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The official Donovan Mitchell thread

Originally posted by ThaSizzle View Post
    The way he's playing, he's demanding them.

I couldn't remember how Deron looked in Summer League. So I searched an article. Man, if these names aren't a blast from the past...

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/...,--Day-1-1050/

Also: Please read the paragraph on Boris Diaw...
    Good read - also, I haven't heard the name Salim Stoudamire in years, dude was a total stud for 3 seasons and then left the NBA. Did he have some tragic injury I don't recall?

Comment

Driving and trying to solo his way thru won't work in the NBA, but I'm sure his shot selection will improve with time and he'll get some assists in there too.

Comment

I saw him pass to open players after a drive numerous times in this game..

No one was making their shots.

Comment

Originally posted by leetrakul View Post
          I hope he gets rotational minutes immediately.
          I hope he starts at 2 guard immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by f1do View Post
            Driving and trying to solo his way thru won't work in the NBA, but I'm sure his shot selection will improve with time and he'll get some assists in there too.
            Yeah, I think the rest of the team was like 2-18 on 3 pointers, most of them were wide open looks on drive and dish plays from Mitchell. So, not his bad. Once some of those are being thrown to Hood, Neto, Ingles and Johnson - they will go down.

Say what you want about it being summer league, and not counting, but Lonzo Ball, Tatum and Fultz didn't get no 37 and 8. Looked like the other best players in SL were Josh Jackson (way to go Phoenix!) Montrezl Harrell (oh my gosh, are the Clippers my new second favorite team!?).

Comment

When was the last time our rookie had this type of pre-season?

Comment

Most points scored in a summer league game by any teams player in 8 years.

Comment

I don't really remember anything like this before...

Drooling

Comment

34 minutes
                    37 Points on 24 shots..
                    8 Steals
                    and he got to the free throw line.. a lot!

Comment

He seems to be the best all-around player on Jazz team already I hope they shut him down for rest of summer league to avoid an injury. It is bad part of the year to play basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by ThaSizzle View Post
                        The way he's playing, he's demanding them.

I couldn't remember how Deron looked in Summer League. So I searched an article. Man, if these names aren't a blast from the past...

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/...,--Day-1-1050/

Also: Please read the paragraph on Boris Diaw...
                        Whaley and Humphries received high accolades in that article. So many players look like future NBA all-stars in summer league.

Comment

Originally posted by leetrakul View Post
                          34 minutes
                          37 Points on 24 shots..
                          8 Steals
                          and he got to the free throw line.. a lot!
                          Won't happen as much in real games. He just needs to draw defenders and then toss it up for Rudy. Or kick it out to either corner.

Comment

Yeah, DM's 37 and 8 is no big deal - I want to point out that Damian Lillard had a 31 point game with 7 assists, when he was in summer league.

Also this;

Last edited by joncolton; 07-12-2017, 06:46 AM.

Comment

We've had some guys come back their 2nd year and be really really good but to have someone we just drafted do this as a rookie is absolutely unique. The way he got his points was what is really impressive. I think if you look at the high scoring games in summer league it's almost always because someone gets hot from 3. DM hit some 3s but even those were all different, some catch and shoot and others off the dribble and we've seen him make step back 3s. The best part was his ability to drive and get to the foul line. That's critical to being efficient and driving your ppg. He was awesome at that yesterday. Did you see the Euro step finish +1? Then his ability to make a move and pull up for a mid range jumper and nail that completes the package. It's his ability to hit these different types of shots and the fact that he is the best defender on the floor that makes what he is doing assend beyond it just being written off as a summer league experience. Pretty sure we have something really special. Oh yeah, and he got right in Tautm's face so there's that too :-)

Comment

My condolences to all of you "it's just summer league" hedgers. I'm going to go ahead and crash/burn on the hype train.
                                How do you score under 35 in a half? Utah's tank is too strong -Raptors fan

Comment

Working...
                                X