Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The official Donovan Mitchell thread

I'm a believer!

Tough on defense. Good length. Loves to compete. Not afraid to take Watching him, the guy his game reminds me a bit of is Gary Payton.
    "We can't put diapers on him one night, and a jockstrap the next"
    Forgive my spelling. Post was likely typed with my thumbs.
    www.twitter.com/sizzle801

Re: The official Donovan Mitchell thread

He's pretty darn Good, he needs to imporve his shot selection, vision..... besides that..... he can be really good for us, really really good
    "I like being a mystery, They haven't seen me to pick apart my game -- and they also haven't seen how much better I've gotten in the past year." Dante Exum

Comment

The Jazz missed Dante, but Mitchell was definitely showing some NBA range.

3 replies 4 retweets 31 likes
      Reply 3 Retweet 4 Like 31 Direct message
      Tony Jones‏ @tribjazz 3h3 hours ago
      More
      Tony Jones Retweeted Billy Hatch
      Like......he really hasn't taken a bad shot today Tony Jones added,
      Billy Hatch @BillTheThrillSL
      @tribjazz his shot selection is deplorable. Love his athleticism and d. Confidence is great
      6 replies 2 retweets 29 likes
      Reply 6 Retweet 2 Like 29 Direct message

It's awesome that he's doing so great, and so many people are talking about him - but if he were playing poorly, we'd all be saying it's just summer league and doesn't mean anything. And we'd be right.

That being said, I hope he can have a 23 point game before mid-season. That'd be fantastic.
      Last edited by joncolton; 07-08-2017, 08:49 PM.

Comment

He will...
        "He is the best point guard of all-time"

- Steve Nash, referring to John Stockton

Comment

Hype article from The Ringer!
          https://theringer.com/donovan-mitche...d-ad60a37e025e

That putback clip is insane. How does he get up so high again so fast after the first jump? Unreal.

Comment

So stoked about this kid. Jazz are going to have some serious attitude this season.
            How do you score under 35 in a half? Utah's tank is too strong -Raptors fan

Comment

Originally posted by joncolton View Post
              It's awesome that he's doing so great, and so many people are talking about him - but if he were playing poorly, we'd all be saying it's just summer league and doesn't mean anything. And we'd be right.
              It's just summer league and doesn't mean anything.
              DUTY NOW FOR THE FUTURE!!

Comment

It's just summer league and doesn't mean anting, but it sure is nice to see a rookie do well at summer league for a change. I'm not sure I remember that ever happening.

Comment

Millsap was that last I remember having such a strong impact. You could just see he had it. The Mitchell kids seems good, really seems to feel the game. he might have a real chance.

Comment

16 points and 5 steals at the half right now.

Comment

34 points on 21 shots. 1.6 points per shot. Only three players in the NBA averaged better than that last year. Dwight Howard (1.63 PPS). DeAndre Jordan (1.78 PPS). And Rudy Take F'N Note Gobert (1.82 PPS).

Comment

Finishes with 37 points and 8 steals. Based on what I read sounds like he could have had several assists if he was playing with anyone capable of making a basket.

Comment

Originally posted by ThaSizzle View Post
                          34 points on 21 shots. 1.6 points per shot. Only three players in the NBA averaged better than that last year. Dwight Howard (1.63 PPS). DeAndre Jordan (1.78 PPS). And Rudy Take F'N Note Gobert (1.82 PPS).
                          Actually the boxscore says he had 37 points, and 8 steals! Between Mitchell and Rubio - the Jazz should be FASTBREAK city. In case you missed it, you got to see it to believe it. IT'S ONLY SUMMER LEAGUE - I keep telling myself.

Perhaps the most exciting part about this - is this performance came after he sat out a game. I think the coaches had some things, they wanted to have him observe, and then work with him on. He responded in a huge way, he listens, is coachable and a worker. His game looks on par with all the top draft picks - that's the exciting thing - it looks like the Jazz got a top 5, top 7 pick, even without having one.
                          Last edited by joncolton; 07-11-2017, 03:57 PM.

Comment

I hope he gets rotational minutes immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by leetrakul View Post
                              I hope he gets rotational minutes immediately.
                              The way he's playing, he's demanding them.

I couldn't remember how Deron looked in Summer League. So I searched an article. Man, if these names aren't a blast from the past...

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/...,--Day-1-1050/

Also: Please read the paragraph on Boris Diaw...

Comment

Working...
                              X