X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thon Maker Pre-Draft Interview

http://www.nba.com/jazz/video/

Re: Thon Maker Pre-Draft Interview

"I thought he played pretty well," Jazz VP of player personnel Walt Perrin said. "Considering he had a pro day yesterday, I was worried about him. But he was in good shape, he shot the ball well and he got through it. It was impressive that he was in shape. He's gotten bigger and he's figuring out how to play."
    Walt Perrin is Jerry Sloan old-school, so that is high praise. Crazy part is with his outside shot, and ball handling abilities, he could play the 3 for the Jazz. At 7'1" he'd give us the biggest, most defensively dominating front court in the league.

Comment

He's a project but well worth an early 2nd or late 1st pick.
      Rudy Gobert lands Defensive player of the year award!(Salt Lake Tribune, April 2016)

Comment

I can see him being the classic workout warrior and shooting up to be a top 10 pick.

I have no issue with the Jazz taking him at 12 and swinging for the fences. If he's still there.

Watch, the effing Kings will pick him.

Comment

He was projected to be a top 3 pick a couple of years ago right? I vaguely remember something about that.

Comment

A year or so back he was projected high lottery in 2017, but I'm not sure what happened. He's a swing-for-the-fences pick. Go for it.

Comment

He realized that he is eligible this year rather than next year. He might very well have been a high lottery pick next year after a year of college.

Comment

Shawn Bradley type ball handling skills.

Comment

Working...
                X