Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SL TRIB: 5 potential Jazz draft targets

http://www.sltrib.com/sports/3903274...-draft-targets

Tony Jones says the Jazz don't have a specific need in the draft and will take the best player available--here are some names he throws out with my thoughts on what is said about them.

Denzel Valentine, 6-foot-5 guard/forward, Michigan State - A versatile wing who could play right away. Could push Burks for playing time or fill in for him should Burks' injury history continue.
    Malachi Richardson, 6-foot-6 guard, Syracuse - Sounds like he would fit the Jazz need for more shooting.
    Marquese Chriss, 6-foot-10 forward, Washington - "The Jazz REALLY like Chriss." This could be an interesting situation to watch to see if the Jazz potentially make a move to stay in his pick range.
    Furkan Korkmaz, 6-foot-7 guard, Turkey - 18 years old, not ready to contribute right away--would be an upside pick.
    Jakob Poeltl, 7-foot-1 center, Utah - Click-fodder for the locals? I'll give Jones the benefit of the doubt here--but I don't really see the Jazz using pick #12 for "a nice fourth big".
    Last edited by f1do; 05-18-2016, 06:26 AM.

Re: SL TRIB: 5 potential Jazz draft targets

I think Furkan Korkmaz has to be it. The biggest upside, and what we really need is someone who is not going to take minutes away from our existing roster - he should fit the bill.

Comment

I'd lean towards Chriss, Valentine, or Richardson. It will be interesting to watch them as the summer progresses to see how things shake out.

Comment

Valentine was a helluva college player, but not sure about that due as a pro. Korkmaz's NBA comparison:

NBA Comparison: Gordon Hayward
        http://www.nbadraft.net/players/furkan-korkmaz

Ha.

Comment

Originally posted by joncolton View Post
          I think Furkan Korkmaz has to be it. The biggest upside, and what we really need is someone who is not going to take minutes away from our existing roster - he should fit the bill.
          I just want him for his Furkan name!

Comment

If we get another player as good as Trey at 12 I'll be quite happy.

Comment

Originally posted by WeberJazz View Post
              If we get another player as good as Trey at 12 I'll be quite happy.
              I thought Burke at first and cursed you and all your progeny to a lifetime of inexplicable itching. Then I realised you meant Lyles. But there's no take backsies on curses so umm... sorry?

Comment

Working...
              X