Active Owners for Keeper League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active Owners for Keeper League

Don't want to beat this to death, but I'm going to talk about this sooner or later.

For some strange reason, there are jazzhoopers who aren't as crazy about fantasy basketball as I am. I realize that.

And that's ok.

Nowhere does it say that you have to check the waiver wire three or four times a day,(instead of the up to ten times a day that I do) or spend hours a day on your fantasy basketball. Some of you actually have a life, have children, jobs that aren't as flexible as mine, or for whatever reason aren't super active.

That is fine. Really.

But where I would like to see our fantasy team players be at least a little proactive is when we sign up, drop players, draft, things about the league that we all do together. We're all dependent on each other, if just one person slows a draft down, or won't drop players or sign up for the new league, for whatever reason, it hurts the body of the league, and brings down the activity level of the whole league.

It's the reason Yell started his elite league, he got tired of that. Everyone there is like wacko, man. And it's a lot of fun because of that. The smack is unbelievable.

If you want to only check your team once or twice a week, what's wrong with that? That's your business.

And I realize that fantasy just started, it's far too soon to get after anyone for not signing up, or dropping players.

I just think it would be nice this year if and when there are activities that involve all of us, that everyone might make a little more effort to make things run smoothly.

I am willing to help anyone if they have problems, or questions, or just need some help.

Let's make this a league that is so dang fun that people don't need to go somewhere else, for whatever reason.

Jazzhoopers are great people, I count most of you as friends, and I respect even those few who hate my guts. We all love the Jazz and NBA basketball, or we wouldn't be here.

Let's have fun and make this a great year for fantasy basketball.

Ron
    “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.”

Re: Active Owners for Keeper League

and please, don't be CJ Miles

"This will be the year that I will raise my game!"
    Rudy Gobert: "Frankly, I like it there and I like the project."

Comment

I will try to do a better job this season but I can't promise that I will respond to every ridiculous trade proposal.

I liken this to a bowling league. There are some where the bowlers are super competitive and only want to win and others where it's more about having a good time.

Comment

CJ is more about having a good time
        Rudy Gobert: "Frankly, I like it there and I like the project."

Comment

Different people have different methods. Some build through the draft and using free agents. Others like to trade.

Comment

The draft is always fun.

Comment

Last year was my first in JazzHoops Fantasy..... and i enjoyed every bit of it.

As Jot said, 5 minutes a day.... or every 2 days don't kill anybody
              "I like being a mystery, They haven't seen me to pick apart my game -- and they also haven't seen how much better I've gotten in the past year." Dante Exum

Comment

Working...
              X